3: My muse for two nights.
Jazz grinned, “Sleepover! Also…I don’t reckon I remember you…have we met?”
She shook her head, “Not at all! I get visitors all the time! And a scout lives with me anyway, so it’s not…so bad.” She didn’t really want to mention that said scout was her cousin…in case she broke something, leaving the poor, unsuspecting engineer to suffer the consequences.” She set her toolbox down and sat on it.
"I was afraid you’d be like ol’ Miller, all grumpy an’ Downer Debbie, pushing people away. But yer actually really nice." He squeezes the plush toy tight and holds it close. "I can’t imagine a life like his." Snapping out of his trance, Mort asks, "So what’s this Scout like? Is he cool?"
"Aw, shucks, partner!" She murmured, playing thoughtfully with her braid, "You’re nice too~" She smiled at him cuddling his little plush toy. She herself had her own plush packed away in her toolbox, safe and sound. Jazz giggled, "He’s actually a she, sugar. And she likes to think she is. Her name’s Robin."
"Thanks. I try to be rude, at least." He set aside the bear and started unpacking his pillows and blanket—with his other koala plush, a ratty old one with an Outback hat, falling out from its cover inbetween the sheets. "Girl Scout, eh? I’ve seen some around. An’ girl Snipers, too. I’ve even bumped into some girl Engies, too! It’s strange, cuz there aren’t a lot of girls ‘round the place where we crash. Maybe a couple, but not much."
She rolled her eyes, “I don’t think you could be rude even if you tried!” She shifted to sit on the floor, her legs crossed as she opened her tool box, only it wasn’t filled with tools. She pulled out her own plush, a crocodile, only it was wearing clothes that resembled that of a RED Sniper. She hugged the plushie before setting it down to the side, pulling out a rolled up sleeping bag. “I reckon we’re kind of scattered about. I know some lady Spy’s myself, and one of my good female friends is an engineer.”
"I dunno. I practically live in the bush. There’s prolly a million ways I can offend someone without even knowing it." He spotted the crocodile plush and smiled, part of him wishing he had one himself. Or maybe a kangaroo plush was more fitting. "Actually, thinking ‘bout it, I know a lady Spy over in Badlands. I only went there fer the weekend, but she was really smart an’ really nice. She even part-times as a Medic."
"That’s pretty neat! Medic by day, and a spy by night." She giggled, already feeling the awkwardness sink in. She wasn’t very good with keeping conversations. "So uh tell me about yourself. If I’m gonna be spending the night I might as well get to know my room mate."
shout out to people who are scared to call others out, whose hands shake when they try to explain what’s wrong, whose throats threaten to close up with thoughts of ‘what if i’m just overreacting’, whose hearts are pounding out of their chests because they just stuck their necks out for their beliefs, who have lost friends and respect and safety for aligning themselves with causes
Scream: My character has caused yours to scream out for some reason
Dream:My character will have a dream about your character
Haunt Me:I’ll write a drabble about my character watching over yours [as a ghost, watching from a distance, or otherwise, feel free to specify.] ((switching this one up a bit…))
Jesus Christ. I hope these are legit because some of these are raising FABULOUS questions.
you know, my mom told me that when i was little i used to tell her recurring tidbits of a linear series of events from “when i was older”
she mentioned me pointing an old man and getting really excited and saying “hey that man was my student when i used to teach piano!” in a situation, or saying “you know i like you more than my other mom, she was so mean” and my personal favourite is the one where i said “i used to have a gilrfriend once, you know, we were on my motorcyle and i lost control and fell off a cliff on the roadside, i really hope she’s okay”
Children are scary as fuck.
I need to stay away
Wasn’t there a post going around about how maybe the ‘Light at the end of the Tunnel’ that people go to when they die is the opening of the womb when we’re born? And we gradually forget our previous lives as we grow older? Because that post combined with this post scares the living crap outta me.
My mom says that before she realized she was pregnant with my brother, four year old me ran up excitedly going “Mommy I just saw God hiding over there! He said there’s a baby in you! I hope its a little sister!”
And a week later she found out she was three months pregnant.
A while later she says i sadly walked up and went “I wanted a baby sister, but its gonna be a baby brother.” And then wandered back to my toys.
My mom tells me once that when I was like 3, I don’t remember what she said I was responding to, but apparently I said
"Remember? Back when I was big and you was little."
Also, I apparently said a lot of creepy things, like knowing what my Grandpa always did in the car exactly without ever being in the car w/ him, that kind of thing.
Little kids are scary as fuck.
When my little sister was just a baby we would take her into her room to change her diaper. She would always stare into the corner of the ceiling across the room and even try to look around us while we changed her. Finally when she first started learning how to talk she was staring at the same spot and said in the most sympathetic voice, “why are you crying?”
To the empty corner of the room.
Apparently I used to ask the same thing to empty corners when I was little.
according to my mother, when i was 2 yrs old, an old man and 2 sisters passed away in our building, the former from old age and the latter in a car crash
my parents only found this out after i told my mother i saw an old man and 2 sisters in our obviously empty apartment
When my mom was pregnant with my baby brother, my then 5-year-old sister said she prayed to god to give her a baby brother and then a deep voice told her “Yes” and well now I have two brothers so
• // ( D R A B B L E S )
- Scream: My character has caused yours to scream out for some reason
- Expecting: Our characters find out they are expecting a child together
- Graveyard: My character will visit your characters grave
- Spectre: My character will be visited by your character's ghost or vice versa
- Bleed: My character will injure your character
- Dream: My character will have a dream about your character
- Busted: Your character will catch mine doing something they shouldn't.
- O Romeo: I will write my character missing/looking for yours.
- O Juliet: I will write about my character's feelings for yours.
- O Macbeth: I will write about how my character kills yours.
- O Hero: I will write about my character mourning yours.
- O Titiana: I will write about our characters sharing a night in bed or sharing a kiss. Specify.
- O Oberon: I'll write about my character getting angry at yours over something they did.
- Call Me: I will write a drabble about my character asking for yours [be it at the brink of death/in a battlefield/knocking on the front door wounded, feel free to specify.]
- Drink Me: I will write a drabble about my character taking shots with yours.
- Enamor Me: I will write a fluffy drabble about my character trying to woo yours [be it out of the blue/Valentines Day,feel free to specify.]
- Fight Me: I will write a drabble out my character fighting with/or against yours.
- Get Me: I will write a drabble about my character saving yours.
- Haunt Me: I’ll write a drabble about my character watching over yours [as a ghost, watching from a distance, or otherwise, feel free to specify.]
- Join Me: I’ll write a drabble about my character giving your character an offer [be it a proposal for an alliance, asking them to join them in an activity (you can get dirty if you want), feel free to specify.]
- Love Me: I’ll write a fluffy drabble about our characters.
- Nurse Me: I’ll write a drabble about my character healing yours.
- Quiet Me: I’ll write a drabble about my character trying to calm yours down [be it from crying, from lashing out, feel free to specify.]
- Unbind Me: I’ll write a drabble about your character freeing mine, or the other way around, or something among the lines [be it freeing them from jail, from handcuffs, from a trap, from a curse, feel free to specify.]
- Yahoo Me: I’ll write a drabble about our characters celebrating something [feel free to specify.]
- Time: My character is running late! They are supposed to meet your character at ___________ (fill in the blank) or vise versa. Specify.
- Protect: My character keeps yours safe from harm.
- Kiss: My character kisses yours, or vise versa. Specify.
- Dream: My character wakes up in the middle of the night because of a dream with your character in it.
- Run!: My character is chasing your character (or vise versa) OR both characters are being chased by ___________ (fill in the blank).
- Sky: Our characters are stargazing.
- Gift: My character gives your character something special. Or vise versa. Specify.
- Broken: I’ll write our characters breaking up or in an angsty scene.
9: One day where they can do whatever they want to my muse.
"Well, if it is a dream, I don’t want to wake up!" She giggled, "And…I don’t know. I never expected anyone to be interested in me like that. I always thought I’d work here until I saved up enough money to support myself then that would be it! But this…this changes everything." She mused. It certainly changed for the better!
"I agree! I have never been happier!" He smiled.
She smiled back at him, still looking a bit day dreaming. She rubbed her face on her knees bashfully, “Oh gosh…I reckon I do have an occasion for my new waltzing skills; my wedding!”